[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Changes in meteor color (was Re: WILL WE SEE GEM FIREBALLS TONIGHT?)

Hans, I've seen only a very few meteors which had striking color changes in
mid-flight: the most striking in RECENT memory was a Perseid which began the
usual (for me) pale green, and ended with an UNDENIABLY RED (very unusual) long
terminal brightening. Even more memorable, the last 3 degrees of the persistent
TRAIN actually showed red for nearly a full second afterward! Malcolm, did you
also log this meteor during our session up on Mauna Kea?

Lew

Follow-Ups: References: