[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #243

>visual field depending on , eye movement, location and size.........and just
>one other note. Eye strain can cause many anomalous vision affects so when I
>am observing I am careful to take regular breaks and do some eye exercises
>to relieve strain....My day job depends on good eyesight!!!!

Jason, your professional work confirms something I have long noticed and had to
account for in my meteor observing: when I'm fatigued, and sometimes even when
I'm not, I have to be very careful about recording meteors just AFTER I move my
head suddenly. In particular, if I'm just lying back down after a break, and I'm
tired, I will invariably see a "meteor" near the edge of my field. I remember
reading that blood is supplied to the eye via a different network of capillaries
when you are facing forward than it is while reclining. I always ignore these
bogus "meteors", but on long nights it can be annoying.

Lew