[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Point meteors and DCVs

Bob,
That's an interesting point that you saw no point meteors near the Leonid
radiant in last month's storm.  I also had the radiant in my field of view
and although I probably saw close to 3,000 Leonids, none were point
meteors.  The closest was VERY slow moving and appeared to just stop, as
the train was bright being enhanced as oriented along the line of sight.
No sooner had the meteor gone when the train was clearly curving and
distorting.  I think it was about mag +3 and the trail probably lasted a
couple of seconds. Either this one, or more likely a brighter one, is
clearly present as a trail on the 28mm lens, very short on the 15mm
fish-eye and stationary on the 8mm fish-eye.

Cheers, Rob

Robert H. McNaught
rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au

Follow-Ups: References: