[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Point meteors and DCVs

Iansplanet@aol.com wrote:

> Of course, since in your experience you have never seen more than one point
> meteor per night, someone who luckily saw more than one either has a magnetic
> personality or is just plain wrong or is lying, I suppose.

Johnie,

Who exactly are you speaking to? No one here is accusing anyone of being
wrong or lying.

>Having been asked to explain to another reader of these missives what a >"point meteor" is, and having my definition rejected, I humbly ask that
>someone who can spare the time, a few kind words, and a few kind >thoughts would send me a good explanation of the term. Thanks.

A point meteor is quite simple. It is a meteor that displays absolutely
no motion. All of the motion is directly toward the observer and it
simply appears as a brightening star that fades just as quickly as it
appears.

I hope this helps.

Bob Lunsford