[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Point meteors and DCVs

Hello Kim,

> P.S.   I wonder if any video observations could give a percentage of Leonids that
> were pointers during the storm, and I wonder if that percentage could in any way
> be extrapolated to other meteors, even sporadics.  Just a pipe dream...

that would require that your camera was pointed directly at the radiant,
which is what you normally would not do. In addition, point meteors are
hard to detect because they lack any motion. MetRec, for example,
considers everything slower than 3 deg/s as a sattelite...

Sirko

--
*  Dipl.-Inform. Sirko Molau                  *                          *
*  RWTH Aachen, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI  *              __          *