[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Recording storms

> > I wonder how it would be to observe leonidas at ZHR
> > 3000! TAPERECORDER
> > RULZ!
>
> Well, there was a certain point in the meteor shower,
> where we saw lke 4 meteors per second, and once or
> twice even more than 8! Who has time for taperecorders
> when viewing such an incredible thing!

Asaf let us clear something! If you wish to observe regulary then you
should recorde every observation, becouse it is very useful! fore example
if you see a bolid and have all the informations about, then if some one
alse saw the same bolid, you can calculate the orbit of it and the
prediction, where it could fal down is much more precisely!

So if you want to be an amateur astronomer, then you should record your
observations even if it is 10 meteors per second! So you can calculate
your ZHR!!!

ZAKJU