[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Point meteors and DCVs

----------
> Od: Michal Haltuf <michal.haltuf@gkolin.cz>
> Za: meteorobs@jovian.com
> Zadeva: Re: (meteorobs) Re: Point meteors and DCVs
> Datum: 22. december 1999 12:23
>
> > Although I have not seen the Leonid storm of 1999, I saw one definite point Leonid
> > in 1998, one point Geminid (-1 mag) in 1998 and three point Geminids in 1999!
> > I've never seen any other shower do a pointer...
>
> That's very good for you. I have seen only 1 point meteor from
> Geminids in this year. But it was -2 and blue. I have also never seen
> point meteor from other shower. Perhaps we will be more lucky after
> Quadrantids. Toyear they have very good time of peek and no moon.
> Marry Christmas,                    Michal
It think my dad beats just about everyone as far as point meteors are concerned.
Twenty years ago he saw, what he claims was a point fireball, just as big and just
as bright as the full Moon...
...also in 1996 I saw a -6 SDA, which appeared as a point meteor for a friend of mine,
some 500km south.

Clear skies!

Jure A.