[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Recording storms

> It is about the time!!! 10 meteors per second! Its
> really dificut to
> recorde! You cant scream o fast :-)

In the leonids, my friends went to sleep for some
while and wanted me to wake 'em up at the time where
the  rates will be getting really high. That happened
about the minute they went to sleep ;-)

anyway, at like 3AM, I wanted to wake them. I thought
it was already the middle of the peak, since I saw so
many meteors and didnt know the time then. I tried to
wake everybody up, but nothing helped. It's hard to
wake 5 people sleeping in a warm blanket in the middle
of a cold night... Anyway, the shouts of people all
around us sure woke them up after a few minutes...
hehehe... Anyway , the peak was more than an hour
later.

=====
Asaf Shtull-Trauring, Israel.
Amateur Astronomer, ATMer & Meteor Observer.

http://www.perihelion.com/
Future Amateur Astronomy online community.