[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Israel's big moon

Yesterday night, while taking a break of learning for
a stupid test, me and my friend took out my telescope
and bionculars, and took a good long look at the moon.

My friend, never looking up at the sky, couldn't see
ant difference. And here came my experienece into
test: after observing the moon for so many times, with
my eyes, bions, and telescope, will I see a
difference?

With my eyes, I did see a difference. The moon was
brighter and also bigger. Mare Crisium was easier to
see than usual. Through the binos, the view was really
cool. Brightness- didn't notice a difference, but I
did see a bigger moon the usuall. Through my
telescope, I couldn't see the moon's brightness if
there was any difference. I usually view the moon when
it's closer to the horizon. Why? since it's much
easier to use a refractor with an horizonal state.
Anyone, my moon polarizer can be used only when I'm
not using my star diagonal- too far-away focus point.
So I need the image to be less bright, and that means
a moon near the horizon. This time I finnaly used the
moon polarizer with a moon high in the sky. Really
cool! what I DID see a difference was size. The moon
sure took a larger field of view...

My friend had his first looks at the moon, Saturn and
Jupiter. I heard a lot of WOWS from him. Another
woman, my mother's friend, got see  the moon. There
goes another WOW.

Thanks, Asaf.

=====
Asaf Shtull-Trauring, Israel.
Amateur Astronomer, ATMer & Meteor Observer.

http://www.perihelion.com/
Future Amateur Astronomy online community.