[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Big Bad mOOn

As regards to the moon , I was skeptic about seeing any difference at all ,
but yesterday night before attending to The Local Astronomy Society's
Christmas Dinner , we all agreed that the moon was surely a bit more
Brighter then usual .

I could not see any difference in size for sure , but the scattered clouds
and the whole sky was surely more illuminated with moonlight (no , I took
into consideration the light pollution too)

I agree with Jure that the moon is WAY TOO BRIGHT ... only that yesterday
it was *slightly* even worst !

Best Regards
Martin

P.s Thanks Phillip for your greeting card , I hope that all the dust that
fell off from that star while dusting it, would show up in January's Quads !

At 16:50 23/12/99 , you wrote:
>Is this a private argument, or can anyone join?
>Anyway, I don't think that the difference in size was
>*that* obvious.
>The brightness difference was so small, that you
>probably wouldn't notice - I think it was more
>psychological and of course, a matter of observing
>conditions.
>I'm not contradicting you, perhaps, with enough
>experience and a field of view that usually just
>fits the Moon, you may have detected the difference.
>But from what I saw, the Moon was just about the
>same as always...
>

>...WAY TOO BRIGHT!!!
>
>Jure A.
>To UNSUBSCRIBE from the 'meteorobs' email list, use the Web form at:
>http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/subscribe.html

Visit the NEW page of the Astronomical Society Of Malta at
www.geocities.com/maltastro