[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Zeta Aurigids

Kevin,

I would not say the ALPO website lists all showers, just those
recognized by the IMO, DMS, and a couple of my "renamed" showers. As for
the Zeta Aurigids, this radiant is listed by Gary Kronk in his book and
website. More information can be found about this radiant at:

http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/showers/zeta_aurigids.html

Having a maximum near New Years certainly does not motivate people to go
out and try to confirm any activity from this radiant. If anyone would
see more than one shower member a night I would be surprised. It would
be a great project if people could take these obscure radiants from
Gary's list and try to confirm them.

Clear Skies!

Bob

KevTK@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/24/99 9:04:09 AM Eastern Standard Time, excel@sioldot net
> writes:
>
> << I found the info at Gary Kronk's Comets and Meteor Showers,
>  Meteor calendar for January >>
>
> Bob Lunsford's ALPO Meteor Section - <A
> HREF="http://www.lpl.arizonadot edu/~rhill/alpo/meteorstuff/metshwr.html">http://
> www.lpl.arizonadot edu/~rhill/alpo/meteorstuff/metshwr.html</A> - has a list of
> all showers, some not supported by IMO or NAMN. You can make notes of these
> on your observing forms, but I believe when submitting the form you should
> label the as sporadics.
>
> KK

Follow-Ups: References: