[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Zeta Aurigids

Hi Bob,

About Zeta Aurigids, I have seen some activity from around Aur, Ori and
Gem area during late in Dec. to early in Jan.  These meteors have slow
speed in contrast with QUA's.  However, as these activity are very week
and dispersed, We don't understand all of them in Japan.  I suppose that
southern branch of Zeta Aurigids is more active than that of northern
branch, if it is really exist such a branch.  I'm going to try observing
these activity.

Clear skies and fine weather at QUA,  Takema

On Fri, 24 Dec 1999 12:27:46 -0800
Robert Lunsford <lunro.imo.usa@prodigydot net> wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> I would not say the ALPO website lists all showers, just those
> recognized by the IMO, DMS, and a couple of my "renamed" showers. As for
> the Zeta Aurigids, this radiant is listed by Gary Kronk in his book and
> website. More information can be found about this radiant at:
>
> http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/showers/zeta_aurigids.html
>
> Having a maximum near New Years certainly does not motivate people to go
> out and try to confirm any activity from this radiant. If anyone would
> see more than one shower member a night I would be surprised. It would
> be a great project if people could take these obscure radiants from
> Gary's list and try to confirm them.
>
> Clear Skies!
>
> Bob

thashi@din.or.jp  Hashimoto, Takema