[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Zeta Aurigids

I am suffering a bad cold so, too tired to do any other activity, at
10:15 PM PST (6.25 UT) I bundled up and went outside just to view the
stars despite the Moon, my neighbor's lights and the city light
pollution.  What was left of the sky for me to view was about a LM of 4
or 4.5.  After all of the talk about it, much to my surprise the first
and only meteor I saw at about 10:45 PM PST (6.75 UT) was a magnitude 2
meteor traveling about 4 degrees to the East from the vicinity of the
radiant 15h 08m +35o for Zeta Aurigids. I saw no more meteors and quit
observing after 11:15 PM PST (7.25 UT).  These times are December 24
locally but December 25 at Greenwich.  I live just East of Pasadena,
California, USA. 118o W 34o N.