[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Israel's big moon

> Asaf i would say you are exaggerat a little bit! The
> differance was only
> 0.2 magnitud, which is imposible to see the
> difference by the magnituds of
> 10 nad higher!!! So think about it again!!!

There is no doubt about it- the moon WAS brighter.
Since people on this list might be interested in
Meteor Observing and would like to avoid a full moon
(also me, USUALLY), they may not be used to the size
and brightness of the moon. I promise that I have seen
a difference in brightness. My friend, for example,
did not notice any difference, since he never looked
up at the moon and do serious observations. Jure, you
should observe the moon for a whole week, during the
full-moon part of the monthes, and study it's surface
and brightness. I'm sure then you'd see there is a
difference.

> Even the difference in size was so small, that you
> could see it onlywhen
> comparing your photo with an older one!!!

That's not true. Since I use my telescope refractor
many times on the moon, I know approximately the field
of view of the moon in my 15mm eyepiece. When the moon
was bigger in the 23rd, it took up a bigger field in
my telescope, covering almost ALL of the field of
view. Through my binoculars, there was also a
difference. You wouldn't notice it if you haven't used
it some many times on the same object. Through my
eyes, the size difference might be only an illusion of
thought or the illusion of the irregular brightness.

Please believe that what I have reported is real and
not just a... whatever you want to call it.

Thanks, Asaf.

=====
Asaf Shtull-Trauring, Israel.
Amateur Astronomer, ATMer & Meteor Observer.

http://www.perihelion.com/
Future Amateur Astronomy online community.