[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Happy Holidays

Skywayinc@aol.com wrote:

>     Well . . . my wife and I just finished wrapping the final presents from
> "Santa" for our two kids (ages 6 and 9).  Before getting some much needed
> shut-eye (it is coming up on 2 a.m. EST), I want to wish all of the folks on
> the meteorobs list a very happy holiday -- and clear skies to all during
> "Y2K!"
>
> -- joe rao

Thank you very much Joe, for your nice message. I would like to wish you and
your
family a great happy holiday (de joyeuses fêtes) and a happy new year (et une
bonne
année). You should be luckier this year for astronomical observations. Your
could not always be cloudy.

Do you know for the Leonids storm of 1966, the sky conditions for North Eastern
USA and also for Québec city. Do you know if the sky was clear here in Québec
city ? At that time I was 14 years old and I received for the first time the
January 1967 issue of Sky and Telescope. I did not know in November 1966 the
possibility of a major storm from the leonids.

Thank you. I always read with great interest your messages and the writing you
do in Sky and Telescope.

Gaëtan Chevalier