[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Geminids from China (Dec. 14/15 ZHUJI)

Jim>>>As you already pointed out, magnitude extinction will also begin to affect

      I saw three or four Geminids this year that were -2 at the horizon, with
extremely short
paths.  I felt certain when seeing them that given the height of the radiant and
the
low elevation of the meteors, they would have been fireballs had they actually
passed overhead.  Yet tracing them back to the radiant was never as precise as I
would
have preferred, due in large part to their short paths and long distance from
the radiant.   Certainly for me, had the night been well off the peak, I would
have been
tempted to label the most peripheral of these as sporadics.
Sincerely, Kim Youmans