[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Possible re-entry over Slovenia???

Last night, as I went to bed, I checked up the sky through an open window
in my room. I spent some 5 minutes watching Canis Major and Orion. Then
at 01:10 (00:10) I spotted a slow moving object due south moving eastwards.
I first thought it was a satellite - it started at 2. magnitude and quickly brightened
to -1. magnitude, staying this bright for some 10 seconds and then faded.
It covered some 70 degrees in 20 seconds. During the flight it appeared that
several pieces broke off the main body, the brightest being 2. magnitude.
It was orange in color.
I've seen a lot of meteors, but none was comparable to the thing I saw yeasterday.

Clear skies!

Jure A.