[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball in Southern California?

Douglas Schmutz,  I'll bet this is your fireball, all the way to San Diego!

A Los Angeles, CA radio station said that a meteorite fell in Brea, CA, then
later one of the television stations said that a fireball was seen from San
Diego to Lake Elsinore.  That covers at least 3 counties and hundreds of
miles.  Did anyone see anything in the southern California area between 9:00
and 10:00 PM PST  (5:00 - 6:00 UT)?  The television station did add that they
had checked with air traffic and nothing unusual showed up on radar.  As
usual I was out watching but must have gone in the house just when things got
exciting.

Bobbie Webb
Anaheim, CA USA