[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Was ____ a satellite re-entry?

General information:  The best site of which I'm aware
for satellite re-entry predictions and after-the-fact
reports of what re-entered when are prepared by Alan
Pickup.  Here is his Web page on this topic:

 http://www.wingardot demon.codot uk/satevo/current.htm

On a more frequent basis Alan publishes predictions for
specific objects:

 http://www.wingardot demon.codot uk/satevo/dkwatch/

and he compares his results with those of NASA's Orbital
Information Group (OIG), whose home page is:

 http://oig1.gsfc.nasadot gov/scripts/foxweb.dll/app01?

Alan also posts his SatEvo decay predictions to the SeeSat-L
mailing list, which is archived at:

 http://www2.satellite.eu.org/sat/seesat/

(which, it's been said, is offline until sometime later
today due to Y2K safety measures); and he also publishes
them on the Usenet newsgroup:

 sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe

For any who might not know how, I've made up a small Web
page explaining various ways to access the newsgroup:

 http://wwwvms.utexasdot edu/~ecannon/newsgroup.htm

Ed Cannon - ecannon@mail.utexasdot edu - Austin, Texas, USA
http://wwwvms.utexasdot edu/~ecannon/meteorlinks.html