[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Y2K BUG

Thanks for the great tip. I did it to my old 486 and it works just fine. I
also have a 486 packard bell that has Phoneix bios and all I had to do is
manually reset the bios clock and it seems ok even after a power down
restart. both are running win95.

At 11:27 AM 1/2/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I am running an old dx66/2 also.  I awoke on Jan 1 to find that it was
>1980.  BIOS would not accept 1-1-2000 as a valid entry date.  Have old
>American Megatrends AMIBIOS so went to American Megatrends website.
>Downloaded zipped TSR fix for rollover problem.  Unzipped files,
>adjusted config.sys file.  Everything is now 100% ok.  Have not
>discovered any problems in wfw 3.11 yet.
>
>Henry
>
>To UNSUBSCRIBE from the 'meteorobs' email list, use the Web form at:
>http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/subscribe.html

Norman M. Davis WB6SHI Shingle springs, CA
mailto:wb6shi@arrldot net
http://www.directcondot net/normd/index.htm
ICQ: 7192318
How to Know God...http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm