[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Fireball Observed in Spanish Skies

I generally give 6 seconds per mile for the sound of lightening (its
thunder) to reach me.
When observing a fireball, would it be feasible to stand quietly for 3 or 4
minutes or more to listen for sound from something that could be a great
number of miles away.
In fact for every 10 miles, that would be about 1 minute.
Does anyone know the greatest distance from a fireball, or meteor, that
'acoustic' sound has been heard ?

Bruce
Computer Hardware Analyst - IS/Field Services
* email:	bruce_musson@dofascodot ca
* tel: 		(905)548-7200 x2388
*  fax:		(905)548-4960