[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Lynx activity Jan 04?

Mike,
        Sirko's comments on plotting are "right on," to which I may only add
that the location you give, i.e., 8 - 9hr, is quite large.  I hope to be
plotting by this time next year, so perhaps I will remember this possible
radiant.    Perhaps even three or four of us could alternate on different
but consecutive dates and try to pin down a possible "peak" time for the
"Lynxids," if they exist!
Kim Youmans

M Linnolt wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have heard that there have been scattered reports of activity from the
> constellation of Lynx, so during my QUA session Monday night, I made a
> special effort to identify any radiants in that area.
>
> I did observe 2 Lynx meteors, during my session, one at 0540 UT and one
> at 0930 UT. I posted this information in my QUA report, too. I am very
> confident they were from a radiant around 08h-09h and +55°, as opposed
> to being just sporadics. Their path length to radiant ratio was around
> 0.5, and the 2 paths intersected around the location I just specified.
> One was mag 2, the other mag 1, and both were of medium velocity.
>
> I am wondering if anyone else saw any activity from this apparent
> radiant?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Linnolt

Follow-Ups: References: