[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) streetlights in the cold....

I have never observed this phenomenon but one possible explanation would be the temperature inversion that must occur near the ground on
very cold nights which would certainly refract the light upward as it does in the desert giving the elusion of water where there is none,
the mirage.  That is just a wild guess, no more since I have never observed it.