From: Harry Mason <orbitx@iinetdot net.au>
To: <meteorobs@jovian.com>
Subject: WEST AUSTRALIAN FIREBALL
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 21:28:27 +0800

FIREBALL SIGHTING (8.39pm WA Time 02-01-2000)

Preliminary reports have come in concerning a large Fireball event =
experienced here in South West Western Australia at 8.39pm on Sunday the =
2nd of January 2000.

I am still collecting reports from as far afield as Esperance, Albany, =
Denmark, Walpole, Greenbushes, Collie, Manjimup, Margaret River, =
Bunbury, Busselton, and Perth.

The following summary of the event and my comments is based upon my =
several received reports plus WA Press and TV Media articles. A more =
detailed report of individual eye-witness accounts will be prepared in =
the future when it is judged that all relevant data is in and some =
reliable discussion of facts can be developed.

Telecom Enquiries number - 013 - was overwhelmed with reports from the =
numerous persons across the South West around 9.00pm on Sunday. Telecom =
013 shift operators were on line from Eastern Australia in Hobart, =
Tasmania, that night, and gasped out loud "what the hell is going on =
over there in WA - we have been going berserk here with calls of =
explosions and bright lights, "rocks" were reported falling from the sky =
in Walpole, many rural police stations and civilians have been ringing =
us about this event - asking for numbers of meteor and ufo reporting =
agencies"

"The entire South Western night sky was lit up with a huge magnesium =
white flash that lasted for about 2-3 seconds and lit up everything on =
the ground in some detail - I could briefly see my neighbours houses =
near me in Perth - lit up in silhouette - as if it was day". A very =
large "plus full moon sized" ball of bright magnesium white light came =
from low down on the South East horizon and moved at low to medium =
altitude and slow to medium jet aircraft speed to the North West before =
flashing out somewhere near the Kwinana Industrial area (just south of =
our Garden Island Naval Base South of Fremantle) - reported an observer =
located in Caversham, near Midland, Perth. He saw the entire event from =
his verandah over a few seconds. He stated that the bright white object =
was perfectly spherical in form and was partly surrounded by a billowing =
orange-greeny flame - when seen from head on. He reported that it had a =
very small conical orange-green fiery tail whilst the centre of the =
bright white light appeared to contain a perfectly spherical grey =
object. The fireball got bigger and bigger as it raced towards him and =
he thought that "it was all over" - "that we were about to be =
obliterated by a huge comet impact". The light flashed out and he braced =
for impact explosion and a shock wave - but none came =
..................... Relative to this observer the object trajectory =
was almost horizontal at his arms length and began low on the South =
Eastern horizon.=20

A doctor on holiday with his family at a sea side shack in Denmark =
remarked that the sky lit up as if daylight such that we could see all =
of our buildings and immediate area in a brilliant white light. Some two =
minutes later there was a massive explosion and our building shook and =
rattled. It was as if an artillery shell had exploded by our front door. =
This was the biggest explosion I have ever experienced. I presume it was =
the sonic boom of a meteorite ???

Many residents in the Denmark-Walpole area reported a bright flash of =
light and a very loud explosion which shook their homes.

A Greenbushes resident driving home from Donnybrook ie. looking to the =
east - reported a flash of very bright light in the eastern sky - =
similar to lightning, a falling light changed colour from pink to blue, =
green, and orange. It had NO tail like a comet and was NOT a flare.

A keen Esperance meteor shower observer reported a streak of light =
falling SLOWLY in the western sky (Esperance is some 600km east of the =
previous observer near Donnybrook). This surveyor and State Emergency =
Service Volunteer reported the object was possibly an unusual flare or =
firework after it formed a strange TRIANGULAR shape in it's traverse of =
the sky. He stated that meteors do not usually form a shape of any kind =

A retired Manjimup resident reported a big bright yellow light falling =
RAPIDLY towards the ground. She believed that the light which had been =
visible for a couple of seconds had been much bigger than fireworks but =
was not a flare or a comet.

The South West of Western Australia has been experiencing an ongoing =
heat wave for about 12 days with day time temperatures of some 38deg =
Centigrade and night time temperatures of some 20deg Centigrade. Thunder =
storms have occasionally developed in the late afternoon and evenings. =
Recent (post Sunday Fireball Event !!!) TV news reports ascribed these =
sultry conditions as excellent for the forming of electrical fireballs =
and charged plasma's with associated dry lightning in our WA =
atmosphere..................
=20
In the Perth press Perth Astronomers ascribe to the Sunday Event being =
either part of the currently "ONGOING" annual meteor shower from the =
"Bootes star constellation" in the North Eastern sky, OR from space =
junk..................... Of Course !!!

Those of us involved in Fireball research are used to the usual furphy's =
from astronomers but it is quite a new angle to hear immediate TV news =
reports of "electrical fireball and plasma" atmospheric formation =
conditions being ripe in our heat wave. I have never ever heard of this =
before. Gives a whole new twist to "Spin Doctored".

About 35 minutes after the event Perth residents reported RAAF military =
single engined jets without lights raced over their houses at low level =
from the north Perth RAAF Pearce airbase en route to the Fireball's last =
seen position near the Kwinana Industrial area. This coastal location =
houses WA's petro-chemical refinery and many other large industrial =
operations such as Alcoa's Aluminium Plant. The RAAF deny that they =
scrambled fighters but the eyewitnesses are considered reliable.

So there you have it - hot sultry weather conditions created Tesla style =
electrical Fireballs and these exploded in dry lightning strikes - like =
artillery shells - and lit up the entire South Western part of WA over =
an area some 600km (E-W) x 500km (N-S)........................

Or Emperor Ming (aka Sirian Greys or Andromedan Reptillians) and his =
invasion forces, or those "Energetic" Ruskies are at it again !!! I must =
check to see if a US Aircraft Carrier battle group is in WA waters =
again. I know there was one off of Sydney for Xmas and the New =
Millennium celebrations - obviously defending Sydney against the =
dastardly Ming and his cohorts - did it sail over to be off our South =
coast near Denmark on Sunday ??? US nuclear aircraft carrier battle =
groups exercising in WA waters have co-incided with all our previous big =
explosive fireball events eg 1993, and 1995 .......................=20

Just possibly someone shot down an incoming ICBM warhead or space plane =
with an exotic EM weapon - as part of a military exercise ???

Could it have been a KGB celebration of the New Year that demonstrates =
the extreme vulnerability of our very undefended WA coastal industry. =
Watch out for the big celebrations on the 1st of May 2000 - they have =
been very exotic every five years since 1980.

Or was it nearly WA's very own Tunguska ??? We seem to be getting more =
than our fair share of these exploding plasma incidents over the last =
decade ..............

What ever it was it must be getting quite serious if they have to prime =
pump our minds via spin doctored WA TV news media with "scientific" =
explanations of sultry weather creating electrical plasma fireballs as =
cover for yet another WA Mega Fireball event. Was the weather =
responsible for both the 28-05-1993 Banjawarn series of fireballs (one =
highly explosive plus a 3.9 richter earthquake) or the 01-05-1995 Perth =
2.00am multi-megatonne air burst fireball ??? Or how about the hundreds =
of other fireballs observed flitting about our state over the past few =
years ................

If you read about the previous history of WA fireball and other exotic =
events in my Bright Skies articles (available at www.peg.apc.org/~nexus =
or www.millenngroup.com or by request to orbitx@iinetdot net.au) you will =
see these incidents in a wider historical and planetary context.

The exact cause of many recent planetary fireball events is not known. =
They are often presumed to be meteors ie. space rock and indeed some may =
well be - yet much evidence points to other causes of an electromagnetic =
plasma style - possibly from a natural or a sentient source.=20
=20
Given their obviously powerful and threatening nature we must elucidate =
their exact nature or the next one could spoil our entire day =
=20
Merry Millenium Folks,

Harry Mason=20

------- End of Forwarded Message