[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) streetlights in the cold....

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Ronald Gubbins wrote:

> As a final note I have just discovered a site which covers many
> atmospheric phenomena in great detail. It is
> http://ww2010.atmos.uiucdot edu/(Gh)/guides/mtr/opt/home.rxml
> It is for the Weather World 2010 project at the University of Illinois.
> It includes Great Photos of Sundogs and Sun Pillars and Halos. It
> appears that Halos are also created by suspended ice crystals. They are
> just not alligned. I recall some mention of these in past
> postings. Is this indeed a new site to the list or did I just reinvent
> the wheel?
> Ron

The above mentioned site is very well presented and quite informative on
all aspects of meteorology, and the use of pictures to go along with the
text makes the concepts more understandable. If you have any question on
meteorology, I suggest hit this site first.

Cheers

--

Robert A. Goler

E-mail robert@neumann.maths.monashdot edu.au