[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) MINOR METEOR SHOWER ALERT

George wrote:
>With the very favorable lunar and calendar conditions this year (New Moon
>and the Weekend), this year would be a good time to try to plot meteors from
>this part of the sky to try to confirm any possible minor shower activity.

Thanks for the notice, George. I believe there was also further independent
confirmation of this radiant from other IMO observers, too, wasn't there.

BTW, folks, this is a good time to emphasize one point: when doing meteor
plotting, and ESPECIALLY when trying to confirm a suspect radiant, do NOT
let yourself be aware of the precise radiant location... Otherwise, it is
likely you will become a case-study in subconscious bias, and any confirm-
ation you are able to make will unfortunately probably remain suspect...

Clear skies and HAPPY PLOTTING this year!
Lew