[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Buying A Star for Someone- off topic!!

MARTINEZ_F@hornet.Lynchburgdot edu writes:

<<  I would like to inquire how one would go about finding the proper group
 or organization that allows someone to purchase a star and name it after
another individual.
 I know that this service and opportunity is readily available, but I can not
place my finger
 on where I last heard or saw this available.   >>

While it is no way scientific nor do the names count towards anything you can
buy stars from the <A HREF="http://salesmart.com/starblu.htm">International
Star Registry</A>. If you do go and buy one be prepared to get a 10th to 12th
magnitude star and make sure to ask for one in the Northern Skies.

KevinK