[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) NASA Space Science News

>Dave,
>
>Your suggestion sounds very intriguing. As for the best point of
>contact, I think it should be NASA administrator Goldin, whom I know
>from prior professional association. I have his direct contact
>information, as well.
>
>I am preparing a personal letter to Mr. Goldin, addressing this issue.
>Let me know what your thoughts are on how best to present it. I am
>considering, either this one letter, co-signed by me and everyone we can
>recruit from this list; or possibly selecting a representative subset of
>key individuals from IMO, AMS and Meteorobs to send individual letters
>or email to him. In the latter case, we should definitely coordinate how
>many letters we will send as a group, to maximize our impact.
>
>I believe Mr. Goldin represents the best point in the bureaucratic
>ladder from which to effectively get our message across.
>
>I am looking forward to receiving feedback and strategies for this
>proposal, either on Meteorobs or privately.
>
>Sincerely,
>Mike Linnolt
>To UNSUBSCRIBE from the 'meteorobs' email list, use the Web form at:
>http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/subscribe.html

Mike,
For my pennyworth a good strategy is for everyone concerned about the
decision to write personally a short message of their own composition. Our
politicians in the Uk tend to take more note  of such pressure than of mass
forwarding of prewritten messages.
I would be very hasppy to write if I had the correct address. I was in fact
going to try to dig it out but if you have it that woulod save a lot of hunting.

Nick
Nick Martin, Bonnyton House, By Ayr, Ayrshire KA6 7EW ,Scotland, UK.
 Latitude 55 24'56" Longtitude 4 26' 00".