[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) simultaneous observation

Hi everybody!

            I have spent a little time for this little problem.Here is my
result:

R Earth radius  6367km
h altitude of the observer 1.  I took 0.1 km
h' altitude of the second observer.   0.1 km for the calculus
H  altitude of the object above the local horizon of the first observer.
d is the distance on the Earth between the two points.

Used the radian mode of the calculator.

  d= R(Arccos(R/(R+h))+Arccos(R/(R+H))+Arccos(R/(R+h')))

for H=80 km I find a limit distance of 1075 km in the horizon
for H=100 km          "                 1192 km        "
for H=120 km          "                 1298 km        "

Same results as Birger.
Yves.