[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #264

Slightly off topic, but...

Here are a couple of questions that I was asked recently, and for which I
had no ready answers:

1) In images - is "field of view" measured across the
diagonal of the image - or is it typically only specified for the
shortest dimension of the image?

2) what, if any, is the mathematical relationship between magnification of a
lens
(of a telescope or camera) and 'field of view' (degrees)?

Does anyone know the answer(s), or know of a site that may have such
information?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Terry

Follow-Ups: References: