[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) simultaneous observation

Yves Oudine <youdine@apro.fr> wrote:
>for H=80 km I find a limit distance of 1075 km in the horizon
>for H=100 km          "                 1192 km        "
>for H=120 km          "                 1298 km        "

This confused me slightly, Yves - these are what I recall as the maximum meteor
distances for a SINGLE observer. Do you really mean to imply that the maximum
distance BETWEEN OBSERVERS of one meteor event is TWICE the values you quoted
above? In other words, e.g., a meteor might appear very low on one observer's
Northern horizon, at a distance of 1075km from him/her, and very low on another
observer's SOUTHERN horizon, at a distance of 1075km from him/her - for a total
distance between observers of 2150km? Or am I merely confused? :)

Clear skies!
Lew Gramer

Follow-Ups: References: