[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Bob's Data

Bob,

How do you obtain good quality scans?  I've had a lot of problems
recently trying to scan black and white images such as telescopic
charts.  Which software do you use and what's the resolution of your
scanner?

Measuring plots is probably the worst part of telescopic observations.
It's time consuming enough for my own without reducing other observers'
plots.  So I'm surprised that Rainer has time to digitise your visual
plots.  However, measuring two co-ordinates simultaneously with a cursor
must save time.  The positional data need not be entered manually
either saving more time.

Malcolm

Follow-Ups: References: