[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Bob's Data

Malcolm and All,

I have a Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 5200C. The software is supplied by HP
and is called HP PrecisionScan Software with HP Intelligent Scanning
Technology. The resolution is 300 dpi. The scanned sheets are actually
better than the original as every crease and wrinkle in the paper can be
easily seen on the monitor.

The soft ware is very easy to use and the only problem that I have found
is that some of the files are extremely large, in the order of 5mb. I
have found the converting them to jpeg format using MSPaint usually
keeps them well under 1mb.

I'm sure that Rainer would love for me to do my own work in VisDat. It
is not practical for me at the moment but we are looking at the
possiblity of having one of the AMS assistants converting all of the
current AMS data into VisDat format so that we can save Rainer some work
and so that it could also be placed directly into the IMO's visual
meteor database.

Clear Skies!

Bob