From: owner-meteorobs@jovian.com [mailto:owner-meteorobs@jovian.com]On
Behalf Of Chuck
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2000 9:08 PM
To: meteorobs@jovian.com
Subject: (meteorobs) Dim Meteors vs. Hallucinations

During the East Coast U.S. early  evening on Nov 17, I noticed, numerous
extremely dim, very rapid streams of light streaking across the sky.
You notice that I did not call these meteors!  I have noticed similar
phenomenon during other meteor showers.

I am not sure if what I am "seeing" are visual hallucinations/illusions
or meteors at the threshold of what my eyes can see.  During the Leonids
on Nov 17, I know that my mind wanted to see the storm that was
predicted, and I assumed that my brain was putting on a show for me.  I
assume this because I did not see a mix of bright and dim meteors, but
only extremely dim, rapid meteors.

Anyone else out there ever have this experience (drug-free)???

Chuck Urrey

Follow-Ups: References: