[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Geminid Fireball over London,UK

Hi Leo,

Welcome to the mail list! Hope you will find the discussions of interest. We
are kind of in the offseason with not much meteor action going since the
Quadrantids are over, and we are still several months away from any "major"
shower.

Regarding the reporting of meteors and/or fireballs, there is certain
information that makes an observation of more value. A discussion of these
pieces of information can get lengthy, so instead of responding in detail to
the list, I urge you to view the NAMN Guide chapters on visual observing and
fireball reporting. There is also quite a bit of information available at
the home page of the International Meteor Organization. The addresses to
both these sites are:

NAMN:   http://web.infoavedot net/~meteorobs
IMO:    http://www.imodot net/

In addition to the observing hints you will find at both sites, each also
has blank forms you can use to submit observations.

Clear skies!

Mark Davis