[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 10/11 Jan '00 Observations

In a message dated 1/12/00 11:26:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rendrag@earthlinkdot net writes:

<< I went out  just to practice star counting for LM determination, though
 the sky was terrible.  Thought I would report what little activity I saw
 anyhow. >>

What I do is to know approximately how many stars per area are needed to do
an observing session.  But I make it a point not to know EXACTLY how many
there are so my LM won't be skewed. This way my time is not wasted
(especially in below freezing weather) with reports that won't count. I
started doing this after 1 PER session where I came up with a LM a few
hundreths too short.
As some newbies may not know, the magic numer of LM is 5.0

Kevin K