[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) August 1999 Persieds

> > While viewing the meteor showers this past August 11 & 12,
> > my husband and I both observed three points of light in an
> > elongated triangle moving quite fast across the western
> > sky.  I live in central Arkansas (US) and it was between 3
> > and 4 am that we saw this both mornings.  They were not
> > airplanes, as they didn't have the typical green & red
> > flashing lights and the points of light were very small.
> > They were not meteors - the points of light remained
> > constant with no tails.
> >
> > Can anyone shed some light on what we may have seen?
> >
> Ducks.
>
> Jure
>
> What.... LED's  (Light Emitting Ducks?...)
>
> John N
Haven't seen those yet, but with all the progress being made... ...you
never know :)
Seriously, I've seen ducks... ...probably geese, it doesn't really matter
and look like planes. They only needed to be illuminated by some light
source. The moon was not up, so that's out of question. Light from a
city or something?
I've seen smaller birds get illuminated by lights, I always went like:
WOW! What a grazer... ...going 50, 60, 70 degrees...
...HEY IT'S MAKING A RIGHT TURN!!!

Satellites seem like a possible explanations as well...

Jure