[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Tri-satellite formation...

I have experienced such a phenomenon some years ago but it was clearly 3
satellites.

This was witnessed by a handful of other observers from the same site in
Malta. I also remember watching another 3 in "Formation" but this time they
were in a row so I guess it was three new satellites that had just been put
in orbit.This was more recent but both were quite bright.

Martin

At 22:21 14/01/2000 , you wrote:
>Patti et al -
>
>You wrote:
> >While viewing the meteor showers this past August 11 & 12,
> >my husband and I both observed three points of light in an
> >elongated triangle moving quite fast across the western
> >sky.
>
>Yes.  Many people saw this several years back at Canada's largest amateur
>astronomical convention, Starfest.  It amazed and confused everybody.  None
>of us had <ever> seen lights in a triangle formation!!
>
>It's a triad of satellites, don't know the names.  I heard later that the
>triad we saw was a military venture.
>
>Dave English wrote:
> >There's a group of satellites that are in a triangle and cause concern
> >and reports from time to time, NOSS 6 is one and a US spy satellite if I
> >recall corectly.
>
>As Dave mentioned, I expect some of the satellite web sites would have more
>info!
>
>But no, it wasn't ducks, and it sure wasn't Canada geese! ;>  It was really
>neat to see though!!
>
>- Cathy Hall
>   Ottawa, Canada
>

>To UNSUBSCRIBE from the 'meteorobs' email list, use the Web form at:
>http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/subscribe.html

My personal HomePage
http://www.geocities.com/martingd.geo