[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Correction for atmospheric extinction?

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can answer this question for me, which came up
as a result of last night's observations. I observed on ACR meteor very
low in the south, less than 10° altitude. It appeared to me about mag
+5, however it was equal in brightness to mag +4 stars at the same
altitude.

The question is: Do I report such low meteors "as I see them", or do I
correct for atmospheric extinction, and report them based on one
airmass?

Thanks,
Mike