[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Newspaper Meteor Article

In a message dated 1/16/00 4:20:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rendrag@earthlinkdot net writes:

<< there was a nice article (in Parade Magazine) on meteor observing by David
H. Levy titled, "Catch a Falling Star".   >>

I don't know . . . Levy is quoted as saying (in his article) that he
personally saw "100 meteors per second" ( ! ).  To quote the late Tennessee
Ernie Ford:  "As the whale said to Jonah . . . I ainta swallowin' THAT!"

-- joe rao