[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Comets hit Spain?

Comet debris falls on Spain

Updated 12:06 PM ET January 17, 2000
MADRID (Reuters) - At least 10 melon-sized ice balls that have slammed into
Spain in the last week are probably debris from comets, not human excrement
as first suspected, a Spanish scientist said Monday.
Enrique Martinez, head of a team at the Higher Council of Scientific
Investigation studying the phenomenon, said it was first thought that the
ice balls were human excrement ejected from high-flying aircraft.

"But they lack the typical coloring and texture we find in those cases," he
said.

A man in southern Spain escaped injury last week when an eight-inch ice ball
weighing nine pounds smashed into his car.

This is the first I heard of this . Did they save a sample?

-- joe rao