[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fw: Bright light, contrail and a sonic boom?

--- Mark Davis <MeteorObs@charlestondot net> wrote:
> I received the following email today, but have heard
> of no other reports of
> possible fireballs in this area. Am sending it to
> the list in case someone
> here has. If so, please contact Jutta directly at
> the address below.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark Davis

I caught the tail end of this as a news story this
evening on CBC TV here in Canada.They had video of a
glowing trail left behind by the object which appeared
to be in the process of being blown around in the
winds aloft. Apparently the glow lasted for quite
awhile. It appeared to me an awful lot like what I saw
in the night sky after an exhaust plume from a Chinese
booster passed over eastern N.A. during the mid 80's.
Perhaps there's a connection with the current U.S.
anti-missile launching going on in western N.A. They
mentioned that reports had come in from several
hundred miles away.

Terry Gibson