[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) (Fwd) Eclipse/Perth Road

Good Morning Everyone

Here is a small account of what the eclipse looked like , at Perth
Road , Ontario, Canada.

It did finally clear, and I did see the start at 9:04pm under cloud, then
walking back to the observatory to get the tripod, I looked up and the
clouds were so neat.  It looked like a rib cage, with ribs, then
clearing. I could see Jupiter in the West. The moon light shone on the
snow with a very errie glow.

I got some pictures of the eclispe using Sensia II Fugichrome, at 2.8
from 2 secs up to 40 secs (at totality). The film will not go in for a bit,
as I still have 10 pictures to use up.

It was really neat to look up at the moon, as ice crystals were falling
it your face. It felt like little pins and needles.

I loaded up Starry Night, so if we had a total cloud out, I could still
see the eclipse, though there red was a blood red, not like the
muddy, light red, orange of the eclipse. I was surprised that the moon
was not a darker red (but then the sun is in a lower elevation), and
that the moon did not get completely red, there was always a hint of
yellow on the lower hemisphere.

I did not have the scope setup, just looked though the camera, and
naked eye. The temp was -16 C here, with a mighty cold north
breeze did emerge.

It stayed clear for most of it, with it clouding over after the emergence
of totality.

I then went to bed, today will be an extra large cafe/mocha day.

Kim

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC/NYAA/SARA/ALPO/AAVSO/IDA