[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Lunar eclipse wipeout.

M Linnolt wrote:

Hello folks,

This evening, I went all the way to the top of Haleakala to try to
escape the rain and photograph the lunar eclipse, but it was almost a
complete washout. I glimpsed the partial phase between clouds, but only
briefly, and always hazy. The total phase was invisible. Hawaii has been
in a wet weather pattern all week, and the prospects looked dim for
tonight, but I gave it my best shot, with no luck.

Anyone get clear weather for the eclipse?

Oh yes :) Jure Z. and I observed the eclipse from Maribor, Slovenia.We had some clouds during the first partial umbral phase, but it cleared
by the time of total umbral eclipse. We also made some photos, we'll
see what comes out...

Clear skies!

Jure A.