From: owner-meteorobs@jovian.com [mailto:owner-meteorobs@jovian.com]On
Behalf Of M Linnolt
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2000 3:16 AM
To: meteorobs@jovian.com
Subject: (meteorobs) Lunar eclipse wipeout.

Hello folks,

This evening, I went all the way to the top of Haleakala to try to
escape the rain and photograph the lunar eclipse, but it was almost a
complete washout. I glimpsed the partial phase between clouds, but only
briefly, and always hazy. The total phase was invisible. Hawaii has been
in a wet weather pattern all week, and the prospects looked dim for
tonight, but I gave it my best shot, with no luck.

Anyone get clear weather for the eclipse?

Mike