[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Lunar eclipse wipeout.

<< Anyone get clear weather for the eclipse? >>

Before the snow even ended in NYC the Monn was poking out thru the high
clouds. The umbral contact started at 10:00PM EST, and I was able to see and
photograph it. I was able to watch it until the shadow was and 3/4 the way
across the globe, then the thick clouds covered the show.  Nothing else was
seen until the shadow was halfway off the moon on the other side. I did
notice that the shadow was "lighter" at the end of the eclipse, than it was
at the beginning...

Kevin K