[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) RE: SW Florida eclipse and meteors

In a message dated 1/22/00 11:07:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
nmcleod@peganet.com writes:

<< This eclipse set an altitude record with me.  At the end of totality the
 moon was 85 degrees up. >>

For most eastern seaboard locations, this was the highest total lunar eclipse
since January 7, 1852.  In New York, the Moon attained its maximum altitude
during totality at 12:05 a.m. EST on January 21.  Interestingly, we wont have
to wait as long for another similiarly high eclipse . . . one Metonic cycle
(19 years) on January 20-21, 2019, we will have another total lunar eclipse
with totality occurring near midnight for the US East Coast.  Mark your
calendars!

-- joe rao