[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) RE: SW Florida eclipse and meteors

     While I really don't have much reference to state whether or not this
eclipse was bright OR dark, one thing was definite--the pre-eclipsed full moon
was very, very, bright.  As I had intended to observe meteors during the eclipse,
I began worrying that the moon, even partially eclipsed, was going to compromise
the dark-adaptation for for my eyes. Indeed, I feel that it was, to some degree,
compromised.  I did not get good LM's during the eclipsed phase until just before
the moon began to emerge from the Earth's shadow, though under such clear, dark
skies I should easily, (and normally) and immediately, have been getting at leat
+6.3 or better!  As it was, I didn't reach that level until 60 or 70 minutes had
passed, even though the eclipsed moon was only shining at LM -2.
Kim Youmans