[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Space Science News: "Note to subscribers + Thursday's Classroom status"

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:13:40 -0600
To: sciencenews@sparklist.com
From: Space Science News <express@spacescience.com>

NOTE TO SUBSCRIBERS:

Recently, SpaceScience.com has received a large number of new subscribers.
This rapid expansion temporarily overwhelmed our ability to send email
newsletters in a reliable way to all our regular readers. Last week, a
fraction of our subscribers received multiple copies of some messages while
other readers received none. This technical problem has now been solved
with the addition of an independent internet server dedicated solely to the
operation of our mailing list. Not only will future messages arrive in
your email box faster and without duplication, but also we will soon be
able to offer a variety of options for personalizing your subscription.
Details will follow in the coming weeks. Thanks for your patience.

THURSDAY'S CLASSROOM
Many readers have asked about the fate of Thursday's Classroom in the
aftermath of NASA/Marshall's science communications budget difficulties.
Indeed, there has been a brief intermission in January while these issues
are being resolved. I'm pleased to announce that Thursday's Classroom will
return to action on February 3, 2000 with an exciting series of weekly
lesson plans. For the latest schedule, please visit
http://www.ThursdaysClassroom.com and scroll to the schedule box near the
bottom of the page.

Sincerely, Tony Phillips

http://www.spacescience.com/news/subscribe.htm