[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Gravity

Hi Robert,

I'm relatively new to this list (pun intended ;-) ), but I had several url's
book marked concerning the historical development of gravitational theory
which I had emailed to Philipp in response to his plea.  I list them here just
in case you or another list member may be interested - I've found the info.
pretty thorough and complete.

Try this url: http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.acdot uk/~history/HistTopics/General_relativity.html

It explains the history and development of gravitational theory from Aristotle to Copernicus to Kepler all the way to Einstein and General Relativity. Very thorough and informative (in my opinion)!

Also, check out the "Albert Einstein Online" web site for more interesting related facts:

http://www.westegg.com/einstein/

as well as: http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.acdot uk/~history/Mathematicians/Einstein.html

I'm not a physicist, but I am a technical person and do enjoy such topics
as well as the topic this list so aptly and enjoyably covers!

Kind regards,
Mal